Sunday, June 20, 2010

Quick Mini Cinnabuns



I made these cinnabuns this morning for Father's Day. WOW. So much better than anything I've ever bought from a store. These things are good. I mean, melt in your mouth good. Besides being vegan, the other best part is they are very quick and easy to make. I think I would make these even if I weren't vegan just because they are really just that fantastic.


I tried this recipe from veganpandamonium.blogspot.com
Here's what you need...

Quick Mini Cinnabuns

Ingredients:

1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
4 TBS vegan margarine (Earth Balance)
1 tsp salt
1 TBS baking powder
3/4 cup vanilla almond milk (I used regular and added a drop or 2 of vanilla)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 TBS cinnamon
2 tsp melted margarine

Icing:
I played around with powdered sugar, a little melted margarine, a couple drops of vanilla, and a TBS or so of almond milk. I kept adding and mixing powdered sugar and milk until I got the right consistency of white icing.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a large bowl combine the flours, baking powder and salt. Cut the margarine in with your fingers into the dry ingredients until it resembles wet sand. Pour in the milk and mix until it forms a soft dough. Ball the dough and lay out on a floured surface. Roll out the dough into a long rectangular shape. Brush the top with melted margarine and sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on top. From the long side, tightly roll it up and slice into 1 inch rolls (makes around 15 buns). Place rolls into a greased baking dish. Bake 12-13 minutes until puffy and golden. Meanwhile, start your icing (see ingredients at the top).

Enjoy!


Thanks VeganPandamonium!

No comments:

Post a Comment