Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Boca Sloppy Joes





I based this recipe from my grandma's homemade sloppy joes that I LOVE. The only thing different is I used Boca beef instead of regular ground beef.
Here's what I did...

Boca Sloppy Joes

Ingredients:

1 pkg Boca crumbles
1 cup of water
1 bottle of chili sauce
1 tsp of mustard
buns

Cook the Boca crumbles in a skillet over med-high heat in the cup of water (this keeps the "meat" soft instead of crispy). When heated through, add the chili sauce and mustard. Stir together and let cook another few minutes. Serve on a bun.

What's the scoop on health? Boca crumbles have ZERO cholesterol and 0.5grams of fat per serving compared to 10grams of fat per serving in regular ground beef. Also, it's packed full of protein. YAY for Boca! And just as tasty too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment